Webinar – COVID-19 Effects on Trauma Care
Register now for our 3rd Webinar on Sharing Surgical Skills….COVID-19 and the effects on Trauma Care – with speakers from Canada, South Africa and The Netherlands
When is the webinar?
Thursday 14th May 17:00 CET
Who are the speakers?
- Dr Edward Tan (The Netherlands)
- Trauma Surgeon, Chair Department of Emergency Medicine at Radboudumc, Nijmegen Course Director DSTC Netherlands, DSATC Foundation
- Dr Ross Hofmeyr (South Africa)
- Associate Professor, Department of Anaesthesia, Perioperative Medicine and Critical Care, University of Cape Town
- Prof Philip Barker (Canada)
- Emeritus Defence Professor of Surgery at the Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Emeritus Honorary Professor of Trauma Surgery (Retired) at the University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa
- Instructor and Course Director for DSTC and ATLS
What will be covered?
We will kick off the webinar with an inspiring presentation by trauma expert Dr Edward Tan, about crisis management in the Emergency Department in times of Covid-19, followed by an interactive case study.
Next, Dr Ross Hofmeyr will explain about the effects of Covid-19 on South African trauma care, followed by another case presentation regarding post-operative complications and potential Covid-19 infection.
And last but not least Professor Philip Barker will be discussing the ethical impact for health care professionals working in a Covid-19 environment.
There will be time for Q&A after each case presentation for you to ask all your questions.
If you do not yet have access to our Academy you can register for free here: https://tinyurl.com/shwrhzj and watch the procedure ‘Trauma Laparotomy: Penetrating Right Upper Quadrant Injury’ performed by Edward Tan and Philip Barker. Free access until 1st June.
#onlinelearning #medicalstudents #surgeons #residents #trauma #COVID19 #corona #edtech #medtech #sdgs