This Month’s News:
- COVID-19 & Supply Chain Effects on Dietary Supplement Industry
- What to Tell Patients About Natural Tick Repellents
- New & Notable Drug-Supplement Interactions
- Hidden Sources of Salicylate Increase Risk for Toxicity
- NEW Monographs: Streptococcus thermophilus, Chlorine Dioxide, Carbon 60 (C60)
- New Chart: Unit Conversions
- Updated Recommendations: Vitamin and Mineral Deficiencies & COVID-19
COVID-19 & Supply Chain Effects on Dietary Supplement Industry
COVID-19-related supply chain issues and U.S.-China trade relations mean that many manufacturers are now sourcing ingredients locally. Help patients verify what’s safe and effective.
What to Tell Patients About Natural Tick Repellents
As an estimated 300,000 people in the U.S. contract Lyme disease each year, help patients understand which natural products actually work – and that they should be used alongside proven prevention methods.
New & Notable Drug-Supplement Interactions in the Natural Medicines Interaction Checker
- Berberine and metformin
- Green tea and nadolol
- Cannabidiol and carbamazepine
Hidden Sources of Salicylate Increase Risk for Toxicity
Some patients might be consuming higher amounts of salicylates than they realize, putting them at risk for toxicity.