ACS In Focus
Get up to speed quickly on emerging topics
ACS In Focus digital books are four- to six-hour reads, delivered in our new e-reader platform. Each digital books uses non-specialist language that topic newcomers can easily digest. Renowned ACS In Focus authors cover a broad range of emerging topics, important techniques, related business and industry applications, and careers options.
Why choose ACS In Focus?
The ACS In Focus digital books help readers of all levels accelerate their fundamental understanding of new topics and core techniques from across the sciences. The digital books combine a short text and essential, in-depth information to get readers up to speed quickly. In an instructional setting, these works bridge the gap between textbooks and literature. For the seasoned scientist, they satisfy the hunger for continuous growth in knowledge and capability.
The series features a dynamic online platform, which brings content to life with a pop-up glossary, colorful figures/animations, video interviews with top experts in the field, A Day in the Life examples and tutorials, audio podcasts, and more!
- Academic institutions: Introduce budding scientists to emerging interdisciplinary and chemical topics and help students grasp the real-world impact of science. Build student confidence to face new challenges and become productive members of a fast-moving research team.
- Corporate organizations: Provide an efficient way to stay up to date about cutting-edge techniques and new topics. Presenting the work in digestible, four- to six-hour chunks provides chemists with an efficient gateway into the review literature.
- Government organizations: Support scientists in expanding their expertise and continuing learning. Our authors are well-known researchers, and the series offers broad coverage.
- Brief: Authors keep to the minimum word count necessary to ensure each digital book can be read in four to eight hours
- Multimedia: Complex concepts explained via molecular models, video, and more
- Insider Q&A: Interviews (and transcripts) with field insiders
- Check Your Understanding: Eight to ten end-of-book questions, with answers provided via video and transcript
- Read These Next: Author recommended content, such as review articles, to read after the chapter or the digital book
- A Day in the Life: Case studies that show how a tool is used or offer practical advice
- Pop-up Glossary & Acronyms: Definitions of key terms and acronym meanings conveniently available via pop-up
- That’s a Wrap: Bulleted end-of-chapter summaries
Please note, the title list contains both published and planned titles. Because of our strict peer-review process, all planned titles must be treated as tentative as we cannot guarantee the publication of any planned titles.
Discover the most recent books.
Collection One is currently publishing. View titles in Collection One and the full Inaugural Collection.
ACS In Focus digital books are available for purchase by organizations of all types. Purchases are segmented into individual collections with each collection offering roughly one year of published books. Purchase one collection or purchase multiple for a discounted rate.
Currently Available Collections:
- Inaugural Collection: Own the first 10 titles of this brand new series
- Collection One (publishing July 2021–present): Energize your patrons with 20 titles that span the gamut of topics influenced by chemistry
Machine Learning in Chemistry
Author(s) : Jon Paul Janet & Heather J. Kulik
Alternative Careers in Science
Editor(s) : Christopher Avery & Brian J. Walker
Author(s) : Kallum M. Koczkur & Sara E. Skrabalak
Science & Public Policy
Author(s) : Sarah Vorpahl & Nicholas Montoni
Publication Date : Jan 20, 2021
Chemical Warfare Agents & Treatments
Author(s) : Ola Nosseir & Christopher Hadad
Author(s) : Dilek Ercili-Cura & Dorothee Barth
Publishing Date : March 25, 2021
Prototype to Profit
Author(s) : Jason Lye
Publishing Date : March 30, 2021