Explore History through a New Lens
Founded in 1888, the National Geographic Society is an organization synonymous with exploration, photography, maps and rethinking the world as we know it.
From the iconic National Geographic, Traveler and History magazines to hundreds of books, maps, videos and images, there’s simply no substitute for the depth and quality National Geographic Virtual Library will bring to your library.
NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC MAGAZINE ARCHIVE, 1888-CURRENT*
National Geographic magazine brings the world of geography – With comprehensive, timely articles as well as photographs and maps, the magazine documents life on our planet and beyond, and interprets the world’s sweeping changes in science and technology, the environment, and the cultures of the world – it provides unprecedented research opportunities in geography, history, world cultures and many other disciplines through the lens of personal experience.
* With only a 45-day embargo.
NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC : PEOPLE, ANIMALS, AND THE WORLD
- 300+ Full-text books on travel, science & technology, history, environment, animals, photography, and peoples & cultures
- 400+ Videos covering such topics as the Islamic world, alternative energy and the lifestyle of beluga whales
- 1,300+ full-color maps and atlases
- 900+ downloadable National Geographic images
* With only a 45-day embargo. National Geographic Traveler ceased publication on Jan 2020.
NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC KIDS
- National Geographic Kids magazine 2009-present (90-day embargo)
- 275+ National Geographic Kids books
- 90+ videos
- 600+ kid-friendly, downloadable images