Successful Recruitment provides the practical guidance and knowledge needed to recruit the right people, avoiding the many pitfalls that can arise in the recruitment process. It begins by identifying why recruitment is so often unsuccessful, leading to time, money, and energy being wasted in recruiting people who lack the attributes required to succeed in your organization. It then sets out how to put in place an effective recruitment process, by :
- Planning the process.
- Laying firm foundations, ensuring that job descriptions, person specifications, and application forms are fit for purpose.
- Ensuring that advertising is targeted to reach the right applicants.
- Sifting and shortlisting to ensure that the right candidates are selected for interview.
- Developing the knowledge, skills and processes to ensure that interviews enable you to accurately assess the candidate’s ability to do the job.
- Effectively utilizing other assessment methods alongside the interview.
- Concluding the process properly and ensuring that the right candidate is appointed.
- Effectively inducting the successful candidate into your organization.
The author pays particular attention to the recruitment interview, explaining three different approaches to interviewing and the key skills required to conduct an effective interview, as well as considers some of the specific issues involved in recruiting internationally. The book concludes by considering the future trends and innovations which will affect how recruiting is handled over the next decade.