About the journal
- Why should you publish in JPhys Materials?
- Article types
- Special requirements
- Peer review
- Research data
- Open access
- Copyright and permissions
- Abstracting and indexing services
Research is increasingly a collaborative enterprise, breaking traditional subject boundaries and journals must evolve to reflect these changes. JPhys Materials is an innovative new open access journal for high quality research in materials science, focusing in particular on interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary approaches. It builds on the strength and prestige of the Journal of Physics series, which celebrated 50 years of publishing in 2017. The journal will showcase the most significant and exciting developments in materials science research and apply open science principles to encourage maximum collaboration, reproducibility and dissemination of research. It is firmly focused on a community-oriented approach to communicating science and is not driven by funders, institutions or for-profit corporations.
Areas of particular interest include:
- Atomic thin layered materials & van der Waals heterostructures
- Biological and biomedical materials
- Carbon materials
- Energy and environment materials
- Electronic materials
- Glasses and amorphous materials
- Magnetic materials and spintronics
- Metals, alloys and quasicrystals
- Organic materials
- Photonic materials
- Polymers and organic compounds
- Smart materials
- Soft matter
- Surfaces, interfaces and thin films
- Topological insulators
- Weyl semimetals
Why should you publish in JPhys Materials?
- High standards: JPhys Materials selects the most significant and cutting-edge research being undertaken in the field of materials science. Articles are rigorously peer reviewed by IOP Publishing’s global network of expert referees, supported by our top-level editorial board.
- Fast publication: we are committed to providing you with a fast, professional service to ensure rapid first decision, acceptance and publication. Once accepted, your article will be accessible to readers within 24 hours and will include a citable DOI.
- Open access: immediate and perpetual open access to your research under a CC-BY licence so that it can be accessed and shared by anyone without restriction.
- Inclusive: with a scope covering interdisciplinary studies and multidisciplinary collaborations as well as traditional disciplines, JPhys Materials brings together materials researchers from across physics, chemistry, materials science and engineering.
- Transfer opportunities: as well as accepting direct submissions, the journal also offers you a quick and easy solution to transfer your manuscript from another IOP Publishing journal if it does not fit JPhys Materials’ scope or significance criteria. Articles are transferred along with peer review reports to save time and avoid duplication of work for referees.
- Society owned: IOP Publishing is a leading society publisher of advanced physics research. Any profits generated by IOP Publishing are invested in the Institute of Physics, helping to support research, education and outreach around the world.