About the journal
- Why should you publish in JPhys Energy?
- Article types
- Special requirements
- Peer review
- Ethical policy
- Open access information
- Research data
- Copyright and permissions
- Abstracted in
JPhys Energy showcases the most significant and exciting scientific developments in energy research. An interdisciplinary journal, JPhys Energy welcomes submissions from all disciplines, including physics, chemistry, materials science, engineering and related fields, and aims to facilitate the flow of knowledge between and beyond these communities, ensuring authors gain maximum impact and visibility for their work.
The journal represents a community-oriented approach to communicating science driven by the needs of scientists rather than funders, institutions or for-profit corporations. It builds on the strength and prestige of the Journal of Physics series, which celebrated 50 years of publishing in 2017.
All energy-related research is in scope, including interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary studies. Coverage includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Batteries and supercapacitors
- Biodiesels and biofuels
- Biomass and biorefineries
- Carbon capture and storage
- Carbon dioxide utilisation
- Climate change
- Electrocatalysis and photocatalysis
- Energy grids and networks
- Energy harvesting devices
- Fuel cells
- Hydrogen generation and storage
- Life cycle assessment
- Materials for energy applications
- Nuclear power
- Solar energy conversion and photovoltaics
- Sources and technologies: renewables and fossil fuels
- Synthetic fuels
- Water splitting and artificial photosynthesis
Why should you publish in JPhys Energy?
- High standards: JPhys Energy selects the most significant and cutting-edge research being undertaken in the field. Articles are rigorously peer reviewed by IOP Publishing’s global network of expert referees, supported by our top-level editorial board.
- Fast publication: we are committed to providing you with a fast, professional service to ensure rapid first decision, acceptance and publication. Once accepted, your article will be accessible to readers within 24 hours and will include a citable DOI.
- Open access: immediate and perpetual open access to your research under a CC-BY licence so that it can be accessed and shared by anyone without restriction.
- Inclusive: with a scope covering interdisciplinary studies and multidisciplinary collaborations as well as traditional disciplines, JPhys Energy brings together researchers from across physics, chemistry, materials science and engineering.
- Transfer opportunities: as well as accepting direct submissions, the journal also offers you a quick and easy solution to transfer your manuscript from another IOP Publishing journal if it does not fit our scope or significance criteria. Articles are transferred along with peer review reports to save time and avoid duplication of work for referees.
- Society owned: IOP Publishing is a leading society publisher of advanced physics research. Any profits generated by IOP Publishing are invested in the Institute of Physics, helping to support research, education and outreach around the world.