About the journal
Journal of Physics Communications publishes high-quality research in all areas of physics and builds on the strength and prestige of the Journal of Physics series. The journal does not make a subjective assessment on the potential future significance of a paper, instead providing a rapid platform for communicating research that meets high standards of scientific rigour and contributes to the development of knowledge in physics.
All physics-related research is in scope, including interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary studies. All types of results can be published, provided they contribute to advancing knowledge in their field, including negative results, null results and replication studies.
Why should you publish in Journal of Physics Communications?
- Broad scope: the journal scope extends across all areas of physics and interdisciplinary topics.
- Fast publication: we are committed to providing you with a speedy, professional service to ensure rapid first decision, acceptance and publication. Once accepted, your article will be accessible to readers within 24 hours and will include a citable DOI.
- High standards: Journal of Physics Communications operates a transparent editorial selection and feedback process focused on scientific validity and rigour. Articles will be peer reviewed by IOP Publishing’s global network of expert referees.
- Open access: open access option—for more details see the IOP Publishing open access policy page.
- Transfer opportunities: as well as accepting direct submissions, the journal also offers you a quick and easy solution to transfer your manuscript from another IOP Publishing journal if it does not fit that journal’s scope or significance criteria. Articles are transferred along with peer review reports to save time and avoid duplication of work for referees.
- Society owned: IOP Publishing is a leading society publisher of advanced physics research. Any profits generated by IOP Publishing are invested in the Institute of Physics, helping to support research, education and outreach around the world.