This book contains 80 papers covering six years of research (2000-2005) on advances in electronic braking systems (including brake-by-wire and antilock braking systems), traction control systems (TCS, ASR); and stability control systems (VDC).
Subjects covered include:
- Wheel-slip control
- Vehicle network protocols
- Brake systems for hybrid vehicles
- Hydraulic braking systems
- Crash avoidance and rollover prevention
- Fuzzy logic controllers
- Torque management systems
- Chassis control
- Steering control
- Tire-road friction estimationThe book also includes editor Ronald K. Jurgen’s introduction (“Interrelationships are Key”) and concluding chapter on future trends in the areas of electronic braking, traction, and stability control.