In 1999, CNKI started to develop online databases. Till now, CNKI has built a comprehensive China Integrated Knowledge Resources System, including journals, doctoral dissertations, masters’ theses, proceedings, newspapers, yearbooks, statistical yearbooks, ebooks, patents, standards and so on. 10 services centers have been set in Beijing, North America, Japan, North Korea, Taiwan and Hong Kong. And it is widely used by universities, research institutes, governments, think tanks, companies, hospitals and public libraries around the world.
China National Knowledge Infrastructure is a key national e-publishing project of China started in 1996. Approved by the Press and Publications Administration of PRC and backed by Tsinghua University, CNKI project started with a e-journal product and later further expand the product line to cover newspapers, dissertations, proceedings, yearbooks and reference works and etc. CNKI is a symbol of Chinese e-publishing industry, which greatly boosted the Chinese library systems to go digital and helped researchers with their work. So far CNKI academic databases have been serving more than 5,500 universities, public and corporate libraries, hospitals and other institutions inside and outside China.
Products & Services
CNKI provides professional software products and services of various resources with unified search, unified navigation, online reading and download, such as Chinese academic literature, foreign literature, dissertations, newspapers, conference proceedings, yearbooks, reference books and so on.
- Online publishing platform for achievements of CNKI project
- Chinese knowledge information gateway website with complete resource types and comprehensive content
- Over 1,600 institutional customers overseas across 60 countries and regions, 32,000 institutional customers from a various of industries in China mainland
- Core users ranging from top universities, research institutes, government think-tanks, enterprises, hospitals to public libraries
- Over 200 million end users, over 16 million daily visits, as well as 2.33 billion full-text downloads in 2021
- Over 20 strategic partners to build a complete global communication channel