SAE EDGE™ Research Reports
Each report is designed to identify critical issues and stimulate further discussion and research toward necessary frameworks, practices, and protocols for advancing the mobility industry.
Explore Critical Advancements. Inform Strategy.
SAE EDGE™ Research Reports provide state-of-the-art and state-of-industry examinations of the most significant topics facing the mobility industry today including Connected and Automated Vehicle Technologies, Electrification, and Advanced Manufacturing.
With a dedicated focus on pre-consensus or unsettled technologies, they offer a structured framework and methodical approach for thinking about and working with rapidly shifting technologies.
Unlock your competitive edge with access to research reports in the following topical areas:
Connected and Automated Vehicle Technologies:
- Cybersecurity, security
- Autonomous, Unmanned (UAV), and Automated
- Test and Verification
- HD Maps
- Connected Mobility
- Delivery Robots
- AV Public Perception
- Connected 5G
- DSRC v. Cellular
- IoT and Connectivity
- Sensors and Sensor Fusion
- Virtual Testing and Simulation
Electrification, Hybrid and All Electric Vehicles:
- All-electric vehicles
- Electric powertrains
- Auxiliary Range Extenders
- Battery Testing
- Charging Infrastructure
- Energy Storage
- Resources needed (rare earth, lithium, GaN/SiC, etc)
- More-Electric and All-Electric Aircraft
- Energy Storage and Power Management
- Advanced Materials
- Digital Thread (simulation; 3D model — simulated model through engineering, manufacturing and test)
- Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT)
- Digital Twins
- Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality (AR/VR)
SAE EDGE™ Research Reports are unique, fill a void and deliver value.
- These reports provide a structured framework and methodical approach for thinking about and working with rapidly shifting technologies, helping to inform decision-making and strategy.
- SAE EDGE Research Report contributors are experts from industry, academia and government who come together to explore and define the most critical advancements, challenges and future direction.
- They report on unsettled technologies, and are intended to:
- Offer useful information for sorting through critical issues and charting a path forward
- Contribute to a better understanding of, and help anticipate and solve, key challenges
- Provide helpful suggestions about avenues of investigation from a broad knowledge base of subject-matter experts