About the journal
- Why should you publish in JPhys Complexity?
- Article types
- Peer review
- Research data
- Open data
- Open access
- Copyright and permissions
- Abstracting and indexing services
JPhys Complexity showcases the most significant and exciting scientific developments in physics-related theoretical, experimental, and applied research that contributes to advancing our scientific understanding of complex systems and networks. As an interdisciplinary journal, JPhys Complexity welcomes submissions from all disciplines, including physics, biology, chemistry, environmental science, social sciences, economics, and related fields, and aims to facilitate the flow of knowledge between and beyond these communities, ensuring authors gain maximum impact and visibility for their work.
The journal builds on the strength and prestige of the Journal of Physics series, which celebrated 50 years of publishing in 2017.
All research related to complex systems and networks is in scope, including interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary studies. Coverage includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Artificial intelligence and machine learning
- Biological and physical systems
- City and regional planning
- Climate change and sustainability
- Cognitive, language, and informational networks
- Computational assembly science and engineering
- Economic and financial systems
- Human behaviour, social-evolutionary dynamics
- Online social networks and the Internet
- Quantum networks
In addition to publishing research articles that report breakthrough results of significant importance to the field of complex systems and networks, JPhys Complexity will also publish invited Topical Reviews on themes of particular current interest to the community.
Why should you publish in JPhys Complexity?
- Scope: Representative of all strands and sub-disciplines within complex systems and networks, with a focus on emerging areas of high interest within the community.
- High standards: Selective editorial policy to ensure publication of only the highest quality research in terms of significance, originality and scientific rigour.
- Fast publication: We are committed to providing you with a fast, professional service to ensure rapid first decision, acceptance and publication. Once accepted, your article will be accessible to readers within 24 hours and will include a citable DOI.
- Open access: Articles are published under a CC-BY license to maximize accessibility, engagement and collaboration and to support open science.
- Transfer opportunities: As well as accepting direct submissions, the journal also offers you a quick and easy solution to transfer your manuscript from another IOP Publishing journal if it does not fit that journal’s scope or significance criteria. Articles are transferred along with peer review reports to save time and avoid duplication of work for referees.
- Peer review: Submissions are peer-reviewed by a dedicated, experienced team at IOP Publishing, supported by an international Editorial Board comprising experts from across the full breadth of complex systems and networks.
- Society owned: IOP Publishing is a leading society publisher of advanced physics research. Any profits generated by IOP Publishing are invested in the Institute of Physics, helping to support research, education and outreach around the world.